Mused after deciding that our office will close at 3pm on Fridays this summer to allow our staff to have more time with their families. They work hard and enjoy taking care of you.
How Weekends Can Feel Like Holidays
Now that we are in the midst of the summer, many of us look forward to taking a vacation or two. But how can we schedule our lives so that every weekend can seem like a mini-vacation? Here are a few tips.
1. Put together your to do list early in the week and work on it until Friday, then set it aside.
2. Plan activities prior to the weekend.
3. Engage in new, refreshing pursuits you can’t do during the week.
4. Strike a balance between invigorating activities and relaxation.
(Did You Know? I feel like John Tesh and his motivational radio show but researchers have found that the one behavior that predicted greater happiness is focusing on the present moment or mindfulness. In other words, avoid thinking about other responsibilities or worries over the weekend.)
5. Revel in happy moments and make them last. Will Rogers once said “most people are about as happy as they make up their mind to be.”
6. Notice and savor the sights, smells and sounds around you.
7. If negative thoughts intrude, let them go.
Kind of like meditation, if you lose focus, don’t worry, just come back to it again.
Enjoy your weekends!
From Sue Shellenbarger, WSJ
Shhhh, Summer Secret, No one needs to know you have had Coolsculpting AND 25% off June, July, and August PLUS purchase 8 or more cycles and save an additional $1,000!!!
As you already know, Coolsculpting has next to no downtime which is important during the summer. It allows you to enjoy activities, vacations and relaxation without the recuperation of liposuction. And best of all, no one needs to know. Shhhhhh!
Lower Abs and Flanks: Before and One Month CoolSculpting Post-Treatment
LA DOLCE VITA:
From a book called The Botanist in the Kitchen comes facts about the lowly artichoke. It’s a part of the sunflower family. The leaves are not petals but bracts. The outer ones have hair to protect the plant by irritating the throat of animals that might eat it. The spiral pattern of the bracts is a Fibonacci spiral. (Think of the Nautilus spiral that shells have.) Lastly the bitterness is from a compound called cynarin which makes it hard to pair with wine. Try a Riesling.
You guys are the best! From the surgical expertise to your team of beautiful & helpful staff. I would have to say I appreciate all of you for shining in my life. Thank you! -Amanda
1. Each $50 spent on Botox, fillers, skin care and products receives a “McKenna Butterfly”. After 20 butterflies you receive $50 off these services.
2. You receive 10% off the surgeon’s fee for you second and subsequent surgeries.
3. After you first surgery with us, you receive a complimentary medical facial we call a micropeel. You also receive one when you refer us a surgery patient.
4. The first time you have Botox or fillers with us you receive a discount.
5. Those of you who live away and are in town receive the discount whenever you are here.
Call for details or clarification on our loyalty program.
SKIN CARE SPECIAL:
OUR ANNUAL MICROPEEL SPECIAL, 3 for $235. Micropeels are individually $98. Limit one package of three per patient.
Latisse for eyelash enhancement is $98 for 3ml and $159 for 5 ml.
Peter McKenna, M.D.
McKenna Cosmetic Surgery Center . 10577 Montgomery Road . Cincinnati . OH . 45242
A “Top Doc” since 1998
Allergan Top 500 Practice