Calcium, Vitamin D and Osteoporosis Bone Health and Diet, Specials on Breast Augmentation and CoolSculpting Botox Day Tuesday May 21 Fewer Wrinkles than Your Sister or Friends!
Botox Day is Tuesday, May 21 with discounts on Botox and fillers such as Juvederm. Botox is $13/unit or $195/syringe (normally $16/unit and $240/syringe). Fillers are 10% off our regular price. Juvederm is the most common filler for “raising” facial wrinkles. Voluma is an injectable filler that augments and lifts the cheeks and Volbella and Vollure subtly augment the lips and improve perioral wrinkles.
Special Botox offer from Allergan this month starts by saving $50 off getting two sites treated on your first visit. Then there are savings 3 and 6 months after that. Finally a complimentary treatment on your fourth treatment. Call for details. 513-793-5772.
***Breast Augmentations on new patients between March 1 and May 31 are just $4995! This includes surgeon’s fee, anesthesia and OR fees AND implants! Schedule your consultation by May 31 and complete the surgery by June 30. Some restrictions apply. Call for your complimentary consultation.***
Mused after watching Wine Country on Netflix. A group of female friends celebrate a 50th birthday in Napa. Mostly about friendships with the setting in wine country.
Diet and Bone Health
Gender is an uncontrollable risk factor for developing osteoporosis because women have less bone tissue than men. Understanding osteoporosis is essential for protecting yourself from this condition.
1. Osteoporosis is often referred to as a “silent disease” because many women don’t know they have it until they break a bone. A bone mineral density test is the most effective method of determining the health of your bones.
2. Smoking can put you at a greater risk for osteoporosis by preventing necessary calcium from being absorbed into the body. Women who smoke also tend to have lower estrogen levels which put them at a higher risk for osteoporosis.
3. Smaller women are at greater risk due to their thinner, more fragile bones.
4. Medication is not the first line of treatment. The primary course of action after diagnosis includes proper diet, exercise, and fall prevention.
5. Weight-bearing exercises such as weight training, hiking, and jogging add strength to bones. They also build muscle strength, coordination, and balance, which help to guard against falls and, in turn, fractures.
6. Consume dairy products including milk, yogurt, and cheese and plant sources such as leafy greens and almonds.
(Did You Know? Bone mass peaks between ages 18 and 25. Vitamin D plays a major role in calcium absorption.)
Recommendation amounts of calcium for men 50-70 are 1,000 mg per day and for women and men over 71 are 1,200 me per day. There are several recommendations for Vitamin D but range from 600-1,000 IU per day. There is evidence that there may be some adverse effects above this level. About 75%-80% of calcium consumed is from dairy products.
See your family physician or gynecologist to have your bone health evaluated.
From Women’s Health Today and Tuft’s Health and Nutrition Letter
BYE, BYE BELLY AND HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY! (Which we hope you had yesterday!)
Coolsculpting Special for May is 20% off the areas of tummy and flanks.
Lower Abs and Flanks: Before and One Month CoolSculpting Post-Treatment
LA DOLCE VITA:
Phoenician Taverna in Mason has wonderful Mediterranean fare. Easy to share multiple dishes each with a unique flavor. Wine was inexpensive also. Need a reservation on the weekend. Casual.
LOYALTY PROGRAM AT OUR OFFICE:
1. Each $50 spent on Botox, fillers, skin care and products receives a “McKenna Butterfly”. After 20 butterflies you receive $50 off these services.
2. You receive 10% off the surgeon’s fee for you second and subsequent surgeries.
3. After you first surgery with us, you receive a complimentary medical facial we call a micropeel. You also receive one when you refer us a surgery patient.
4. The first time you have Botox or fillers with us you receive a discount.
5. Those of you who live away and are in town receive the discount whenever you are here.
Call for details or clarification on our loyalty program.
Microblading is a technique of applying permanent makeup to your eyebrows with individual strokes simulating individual hairs.
Collagen Induction Therapy or microneedling reduces facial pigmentation and improves wrinkles. Want more youthful skin, fewer wrinkles, and smaller pores? Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) or microneedling does just this by stimulating collagen. Similar to laser resurfacing or chemical peels without the downtime.
Sclerotherapy improves spider veins in your legs in time for summer.
Cryotherapy or freezing of skin brown spots often reduces the coloration and takes just a few minutes. $150 for the first 3 then $30 for each spot thereafter.
SKIN CARE SPECIAL:
The sun is back 😉 Sunscreens are 20% off!
Peter McKenna, M.D.
McKenna Cosmetic Surgery Center . 10577 Montgomery Road . Cincinnati . OH . 45242
A “Top Doc” since 1998
Allergan Top 500 Practice
McKenna Cosmetic Surgery Center, 10577 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242
Forward email | Update Profile | About our service provider
Sent by firstname.lastname@example.org in collaboration with
Try email marketing for free today!Leave a reply →