Botox Day is Tuesday September 11 with discounts on Botox and fillers such as Juvederm. Botox is $13/unit or $195/syringe (normally $16/unit and $240/syringe) and fillers are 10% off. Voluma is an injectable filler that augments and lifts the cheeks and Volbella and Vollure subtly augment the lips and improves perioral wrinkles. Volbella comes now in a 1 cc syringe to provide more augmentation.
Mused after watching Sharp Objects on HBO. It’s about A reporter (Amy Adams) who goes back to the small town she grew up in to investigate murders of two young girls. Written by Gillian Flynn, who wrote Gone Girl, it is a suspenseful drama of twists and turns.
Aging and Diet Humor
For a change I thought I’d share some humor about aging and diet.
1. My goal for 2017 was to lose 10 pounds. Only 15 to go.
2. Ate salad for dinner. Mostly croutons and tomatoes. Really just one big round crouton covered with tomato sauce. And cheese. FINE, it was a pizza.
3. How to prepare tofu: 1) throw it in the trash; 2) grill some meat.
4. I just did a week’s worth of cardio after walking into a spider’s web.
5. I don’t mean to brag, but I finished my 14 day diet food in 3 hours and 20 minutes.
6. A recent study has found women who carry a little extra weight live longer than men who mention it.
7. Kids today don’t know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.
8. Remember back when we were kids and every time it was below zero outside they closed school? Me neither.
9. I may not be that funny or athletic or good looking or smart or talented. I forgot where I was going with this.
10. I love being over 50. I learn something new every day and forget 5 others.
11. A thief broke into my house last night. He started searching for money so I woke up and searched with him.
LA DOLCE VITA
A recent study confirmed an older one that when people eat something healthy with something unhealthy they think that it reduces the unhealthiness of the unhealthy food, especially when it applies to calories. This doesn’t apply if eating two healthy things. So tonight when I go to Paxton’s in Loveland to eat a burger and watch Monday night football with a friend I’ll order a salad to go with it. I’m sure the burger will only have 100 calories in it then.
Cellfina, www.cellfina.com, is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least three years. The best candidate has dimpling that is not caused by loose skin. The benefits are a long-lasting, single, in-office treatment that usually takes under an hour. No general anesthesia is needed and downtime is limited in most cases to the day of treatment. 96% of patients were satisfied after two years.
Vollure is the newest filler for fine wrinkles. It doesn’t project as much as Juvederm but is smoother and lasts up to 18 months. Volbella is a lip filler that DOES NOT exaggerate the lips but improves wrinkles and creases in the lips and the skin just above the lips. Studies show it lasts for about a year. Come in and see what it has done for Diane, Crystal and Dianna. Voluma augments the cheeks and lifts some of the lower tissues.
Neck Bands or Hypersweating under Arms?
Botox can help with both. Come in for a free consult.
Weak Chin, Nasal Imperfections, Aging or Thin Earlobes?
Juvederm plumps chins and earlobes and sometimes nasal imperfections.
Fat under Chin?
Kybella is an injected solution that melts the fat under your chin.
Micro-blading is a technique of applying permanent makeup to your eyebrows with individual strokes simulating individual hairs. We also do permanent eyeliner and lips.
Lax Skin or Brown Spots?
Collagen Induction Therapy or microneedling reduces facial pigmentation and improves wrinkles.
Do you have unsightly brown spots on your face, hands or body?
SkinCeuticals (many of you use their skincare products) has developed a “pen” that uses cryotherapy or freezes age and sun spots as well as skin tags. It uses carbon dioxide which freezes the superficial part of the skin at -79 degrees C. The technique is similar to when family physicians and dermatologists use liquid nitrogen to treat skin cancers.
The procedure takes just a few minutes. The area is cleansed then sprayed with CO2 to freeze the spot. There is very little if any temporary discomfort. Immediately after, Vitamin C is applied and so can makeup. Vitamin C and a sunscreen are encouraged and should be applied while healing.
The lesion will get darker and possibly scab before it sheds. It can take 7-21 days to shed completely. Healthy pink skin or lightening of the dark spot will appear. Maturation of the skin then follows the normal skin cycle of 6 weeks.
If the spot is appropriate, we charge $150 for the first three spots then $30 for each thereafter.
Sclerotherapy improves spider veins in your legs.
SKIN CARE SPECIAL:
Rid your skin of the damage caused by this summer’s harsh sun with one of our exfoliating products. Some include: Obagi Exfoderm Exfoderm forte, Dermesse exfoliator and exfoliator forte, SkinCeuticals Retexturing Activator, Dermesse Sugar Scrub and Baby Foot. All are 20% off!
Peter McKenna, M.D.
McKenna Cosmetic Surgery Center . 10577 Montgomery Road . Cincinnati . OH . 45242
A Cincinnati Magazine “Top Doc” since 1998Leave a reply →